R&D Procurement Leader
R&D Procurement Leader
This position will be responsible for launching and advancing procurement for R&D including driving procurement activities for pre-clinical, CROs, consultants, and CMC. Eventually this position will play a role in the development of a procurement department that supports the commercial operation. Procurement is seen as a mission critical activity at Cerevel given its heavily outsourced model. This position will be a business partner to all departments and will lead the way in deploying leading class procurement at Cerevel.
- Take the lead in envisioning and deploying sourcing, contracting, supplier management, and procure-to-pay processes and tools
- Team closely with Legal and Finance to develop and deploy robust third party engagement processes
- Define key KPIs for organization success
- Consider build vs buy for procurement capabilities; deploy to include selecting and setting up strategic partners and/or recruiting and engaging team members
- Lead strategic sourcing activities that result in selection of the best fit supplier partners at the right price and terms
- Conduct Total Cost of Ownership and Make / Buy analyses for various R&D requirements
- Lead contracting process; team with Legal counsel to develop contracts ensuring quality and adherence to Legal and Bain Capital policies / standards
- Support the strategic, operational or analytical needs of internal business partners
- Conduct diligence on new suppliers
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) preferred
- Expertise in strategic sourcing
- Expertise in maximizing the value from supplier relationships
- Highly experienced in negotiating prices, complex terms and conditions, and incentives for major and/or global agreements
- An experienced change agent possessing the strategic, analytical, and teamwork skills needed to drive major commercial decisions across a diverse set of stakeholders
- Experience leveraging continuous improvement methodologies to drive operations and financial improvements
- Familiar with various procurement technology offerings
- Experience leading through influence across multiple functions, programs and supplier partners.
- Proven business partnership
- Excellent communication skills, leadership, project management, and problem-solving required
- Skills with Analytics, Negotiations, Project Management and presentations required
- Knowledge and experience in principles, practices and trends of life sciences category environments and related procurement policies, applicable laws and competitive solicitation practices.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage and develop supplier relationships
- Comfortable with ambiguity and enjoys managing multiple project and complex situations
- Strong business acumen, demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, ability to strategically link long-range business goals to daily activities, demonstrated ability to work with others to develop talent for the organization, and desire to use organizational knowledge to assist and influence others to specific action
- Desire to work in a fast-pace, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team player; experienced at developing talent
- A high degree of autonomy; takes accountability for work
- Very organized and efficient; delivers high-quality work
Bachelor’s degree required (B.A. or B.S preferred)
An attractive compensation package commensurate with this management role will be provided.
Cerevel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Apply for this job
© 2018 Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC.
CEREVEL and the CEREVEL logo are trademarks of Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC. All Rights Reserved.