Head of Information Technology
Head of Information Technology
The Head of Information Technology is responsible for Cerevel’s IT environment, setting strategic direction, and aligning IT current and future capabilities with Cerevel’s business direction. Leadership responsibilities include building and managing the IT capital and operating budgets, designing and building the IT organization and ensuring IT support and services are delivered in a secure, compliant, efficient and cost-effective manner. Leadership responsibilities include setting annual performance targets and measuring performance of IT team members, external partners and 3rd party support organizations. Responsibilities also include ensuring IT compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, internal and external to Cerevel. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a cloud-based environment and will leverage modern technologies to advance Cerevel’s business objectives.
- Partner across the organization to develop an IT services and support strategy that is cost effective, flexible and scalable supporting Cerevel’s rapid growth
- Design IT operating model
- Build right-fit IT organization that is agile for Cerevel’s growth
- Set IT strategy, roadmap and annual performance goals and objectives
- Provide oversight and direction for the Cerevel IT team and external partners
- Develop annual IT capital and operating budget
- Oversee management of IT ecosystem ensuring adherence to security best practices, financial controls and departmental compliance with regulatory requirements
- Lead negotiation of IT contracts
- Draft, communicate, and lead change management for IT related policies
- Design and lead information security efforts
- Lead organization to identify opportunities of differentiation utilizing specialized life sciences technology
- Define and drive the KPIs for IT support and services
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and lean thinking
- Manage junior personnel to provide excellence in all areas
- 10+ years Leading IT teams across a variety of disciplines (applications/cloud/infrastructure/support and service delivery)
- Demonstrated ability to set an Application, Infrastructure, End User and Support Strategy in a cost-effective manner
- Experience leading through influence across multiple functions, programs and vendor partners
- Proven business partnership
- Experience in vendor management
- Ability to think and communicate in business terms and help calculate the value of the technology they are seeking
- Demonstrated success in leading an IT organization
- Strong analytical skills in evaluating, gaining buy in and executing optimized technical solutions
- Strong communications skills, having the ability to communicate well and with all levels of the organization
- Experience developing enterprise technical policies
- Desire to work in a fast-pace, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team player; experienced at developing talent
- A high degree of autonomy; takes accountability for work
- Very organized and efficient; delivers high-quality work
Bachelor’s degree required (MS/MBA preferred)
An attractive compensation package commensurate with this management role will be provided.
Cerevel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Apply for this job
© 2018 Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC.
CEREVEL and the CEREVEL logo are trademarks of Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC. All Rights Reserved.