Head of External Reporting
Head of External Reporting
The individual in this role will have primary responsibility serving as primary Business Process Owner for managing the company’s external reporting function ensuring the integrity and consistency of reported data and information. This individual will also play a key role in providing technical accounting ability to the Company, driving process improvement and staff development and require proactive engagement with business partners to provide high quality accounting, reporting and forecasting support.
- Managing the company’s external reporting process and preparation and drafting of SEC filings (10Qs, 10Ks) providing for compliance with authoritative accounting guidance and the timely and accurate filing in accordance with aggressive filing schedule, including:
- Coordinate, review and maintain work papers supporting the Company’s quarterly and annual financial statements filed with the SEC.
- Manage the company’s XBRL reporting and control framework.
- Researching, documenting and communicating new GAAP, SEC and other disclosure issues.
- Having direct oversight responsibility for a broad range of day-to-day accounting and forecasting activities within the Corporate Accounting team, including with respect to business development and equity compensation related accounting activities.
- Providing other general support to CAO organization and business as required, including:
- the provision of research, resolution and accounting analysis related to operational matters and activities (i.e. review and analysis of contracts for business development activities).
- leading the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Providing consultative support, education and training.
- Continuous identification of and driving opportunities for process efficiency / improvement; including process improvement and training initiatives that promote the efficient and effective use of the core accounting systems.
- Serve as primary contact for internal/external auditors for all areas of responsibility.
- Development and maintenance of accurate operating procedures and process documentation and ensuring adherence with such policies, processes.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and relevant accounting and financial concepts
- Strong project management skill set and experience; ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working cross-functionally across an organization with demonstrated ability to interact with and build productive working relationships across all organizational levels
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence and motivate others, negotiate during situational conflict and establish best path forward in the fact of competing objectives.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to combine attention to detail with an understanding of broader strategic context.
- Possesses “can do” attitude and willingness to roll-up sleeves.
- Experience as operational accountant with audit and SOX compliance experience.
- CPA Strongly Preferred.
- Experience within a start-up environment or equivalent
- Experience within the biotech, life-sciences related industry
- Experience with Oracle, Hyperion and XBRL.
Generally, at least 8+ years of experience in accounting; preferably with management experience in both public accounting and private industry. CPA Strongly Preferred. Bachelors or Advanced degree in related field.
Cerevel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Apply for this job
© 2019 Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC.
CEREVEL and the CEREVEL logo are trademarks of Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC. All Rights Reserved.