Head of Accounting Operations
Head of Accounting Operations
The individual in this role will be responsible for ensuring the timely coordination and execution of our operational accounting function and be responsible for establishing best in class processes, including the set-up and efficient and effective use of our core financial systems. This individual will have primary responsibility serving as primary Business Process Owner for the company’s accounting systems, governance processes ensuring the integrity and consistency of financial data, the development and preparation of reliable management reporting and the set-up and oversight for the operation of the company’s purchasing and disbursement functions.
- The development and management of processes that ensure the integrity, governance and consistency of the Company’s financial data from transaction through reporting, including:
- Perform and manage close process ensuring the timely and accurate completion and resolution of issues;
- Development and oversight of journal entry and reconciliation processes;
- The coordination of data availability with planning and internal business partners
- Timely performance and completion of data validation activities;
- The development and enforcement of global Chart of Accounts (COA) and policies and managing COA maintenance efforts;
- Ensuring proper access governance, segregations of duties and control.
- The preparation and presentation of concise monthly quarterly balance sheet and income statement reviews to the CFO and CAO and working closely with the company’s planning function to understand variances.
- Understanding the financial reporting needs of the Company’s respective finance business partners and partnering with these business partners to recommend and design reporting solutions to meet business requirements; including:
- The development of standardized internal reporting;
- Ensuring timely and compliant updates to internal reporting hierarchies as necessary to support accounting, reporting, and planning activities, including the completion of impact assessments over potential changes (i.e. ensuring that changes to financial data and reporting structures do not adversely impact other key stakeholders).
- Directly oversee the set-up and establishment of the company’s disbursement function, including those related to time keeping, payroll and benefit processing and reporting and accounts payable disbursements.
- Supervise staff with responsibility for processing payroll and payables and ensuring the timely and accurate disbursement of funds to employees and vendors compliant with applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of closing activities involving capital and lease accounting.
- Driving the implementation of continuous improvement and systemic and process-based solutions consistent with our governing principles while maintaining the integrity of our overall reporting framework and partnering with IT in development of and overseeing user acceptance testing as Business Process Owner for the set-up and on-going change management related to the company’s core financial applications.
- Providing general financial reporting and analysis support as required.
- Strong functional understanding of end to end financial processes and systems.
- Strong hands-on working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Understanding of financial systems architecture.
- Experience overseeing monthly close to consolidation process across business.
- Experience managing multiple direct reports and leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong project management skill set and experience; ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and build productive working relationships across all organizational levels.
- Experience as operational accountant with audit and SOX compliance experience.
- Experience within a start-up environment or equivalent
- Experience within the biotech, life-sciences related industry
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion
Bachelors or Advanced degree in related field; 8+ years of industry experience in accounting / accounting systems with proficiencies in management reporting and analysis.
Cerevel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Apply for this job
© 2019 Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC.
CEREVEL and the CEREVEL logo are trademarks of Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC. All Rights Reserved.