Head, Data Management
Head, Data Management
Reporting to the Head of Data Analytics and Innovations, this role is an influential leader responsible for Data Management strategy and execution at Cerevel. She/he provides hands-on day to day leadership for Data Management related projects, medical coding, data systems and quality, and is accountable for the implementation of program and study data strategies and overall project delivery. She/he is the key point of contact in partnerships with other clinical development functions.
- Ensures that adequate external and internal resourcing is available through strategic partnerships to meet milestones and performance/quality requirements across all clinical programs
- Partners with Biostatistics and Clinical Operations to ensure excellence in all aspects of statistical trial data acquisition and reporting as well as other functions within Clinical Development, including Safety, Regulatory, etc.
- Supports early to late stage Clinical Development by ensuring that Data Management processes, standards, templates and best practices are applied fit for purpose to meet Cerevel Clinical Program needs
- Works closely with the Head of Data Analytics and Innovation Science on developing innovative methods to data management systems, approaches and execution as well as data review composition infrastructure
- Lead and manage teams
- Extensive experience managing CROs and/or Functional Service Providers in the data management space
- Minimum of 8 years directly relevant work experience is required, and leadership experience within a biopharmaceutical organization with a focus on data management and analysis required
- Advanced understanding of drug development, clinical research, and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective business relationships with external stakeholders, including vendor management
- Deep knowledge of clinical data management outsourcing with full-service, global CROs and FSPs Experience managing in a matrix environment and collaborating across functions and organizations, including demonstrated ability to influence without authority
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, conflict resolution, and team building skills. Innovative thinker who will heighten the Cerevel Data Management department and initiatives.
- Prioritization skills and ability to handle multiple complex projects
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize highly complex data
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail
- Desire to work in a fast-pace, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Very organized and efficient; produces high-quality deliverables
- Knowledge of web-based communication tools for conferences
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and experience with clinical research
- Deep understanding of drug development and the biopharmaceutical industry
- Intellectual thought leadership, strategic and critical thinking to influence Cerevel business
- Strong leadership skills, and ability to effectively lead and collaborate with various business functions within Cerevel
- Direct leadership of Cross-functional initiatives/effective change management of process or technical improvements that improve biometric department standards or practices
Masters in Biology / Chemistry, Life Sciences, Clinical Data Management, or Drug Development required, PhD preferred
Relevant professional certifications a plus
Cerevel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Apply for this job
© 2019 Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC.
CEREVEL and the CEREVEL logo are trademarks of Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC. All Rights Reserved.