Head, Clinical Supplies
Head, Clinical Supplies
The Head of Clinical Supplies will be responsible for strategic and operational management of the Clinical Supply activities at Cerevel. This role will include direction, planning and execution to ensure the clinical supply, packaging and distribution activities are successful across Cerevel’s portfolio. This individual will provide technical expertise in the translation of clinical protocols into a robust supply plan to provide a quality patient experience for Cerevel’s products. This is a growth opportunity to define the Clinical Supplies function at Cerevel to deliver high quality products in the clinical and commercial settings. In addition, this role will work closely with the Clinical Operations, Program Management, Regulatory Affairs, Technical functions and Quality Assurance to develop and execute the operational strategies to meet the corporate objectives.
- Capable of leading a team providing Clinical Supply activities at Cerevel and its contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMOs).
- Ability to develop and implement risk-based strategies for the supply of clinical and commercial products
- Proactively work with Clinical Operations, Technical Operations, Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance staff to identify and mitigate supply chain risks within the company
- Provide oversight to clinical and commercial packaging and distribution activities
- Develop, implement and maintain Clinical Supply systems and procedures
- Mentor and ensure appropriate training of staff on supply chain activities
- Responsible for the technical auditing of CDMOs, providing package, label and distribution services for the company
- Provide oversight to vendors and contractors supporting Clinical Supply activities and track performance through appropriate metrics.
- Prepares, plans and obtains internal approvals to implement the labelling and packaging requirements in a cost-efficient manner.
- Ensure Clinical Supply organization and CDMOs are compliant with global regulations, guidelines and industry standards
- Manage the budget to ensure cost adherence in clinical supply activities.
- Additional responsibilities as needed by a growing organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Master’s or PhD preferred) in a life sciences-based discipline
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in clinical supply operations for a pharmaceutical company
- Demonstrated experience to lead direct reports and teams
- Requires strong knowledge of regulatory guidelines for clinical supply and distribution
- Experience in developing and implementing Clinical Supply inventory management systems
- Knowledgeable in global import/export requirements
- Strong understanding of the R&D business; ability to partner with the business functions in order to enable high quality outcomes
- Strong project management, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience in managing contract development and manufacturing organizations
- Desire to work in a fast-pace, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team player; experienced at developing talent
- A high degree of autonomy; takes accountability for work
- Very organized and efficient; delivers high-quality work
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s or PhD preferred, in a life sciences-based discipline
Cerevel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Apply for this job
© 2019 Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC.
CEREVEL and the CEREVEL logo are trademarks of Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC. All Rights Reserved.