Reporting to Head of Data Analytics and Innovations, as a critical role in the advancement of new medicines at Cerevel, the Head of Biostatistics will partner with senior management, clinicians, and other clinical development functions to support Cerevel’ clinical development pipeline. She/he will be closely involved in the design, execution, analysis, and reporting phases of clinical protocols and provide statistical expertise on regulatory submissions and ensure the quality and appropriateness of submission deliverables.
- Lead the biostatistics functions at Cerevel
- Bring innovative statistical thinking and methods to help drive the enhanced quantitative drug discovery and development paradigm.
- Frequently interact with regulatory agencies
- Utilize in depth knowledge of more than one area of statistics, all commonly used, to exert broad influence via advice to the clinical development teams
- Leads initiatives to improve understanding and application of statistical methods.
- Seek out areas where statistics adds value, influencing others on the clinical development teams to ensure we focus our efforts on these key areas
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field, as well as a minimum of 8 years of experience in applying statistics in a pharmaceutical or related industry
- Experience leading biostatistics functions in clinical development required
- In depth statistical knowledge with the ability to apply this to scientific and clinical problems with experience in computational simulation, analysis of biomarkers, and Bayesian statistics required
- A proven ability to manage multiple complex programs with a track record of influencing external environment required
- Demonstrated scientific productivity in advancing the state-of-the-art in applied statistical methodologies.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence widely and work collaboratively with clinical development teams and senior management are required.
- Experience in Neuro Science preferred but not required
Ph.D in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field required
Cerevel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Apply for this job
© 2019 Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC.
CEREVEL and the CEREVEL logo are trademarks of Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC. All Rights Reserved.