Sr. Director, Portfolio and Program Management
Sr. Director, Portfolio and Program Management
The Sr. Director, Portfolio and Program Management will be responsible for providing a combination of drug development, global commercialization, financial, and program management expertise to the company’s pipeline programs, currently in all stages of development. This critical and highly visible role is responsible for driving cross-functional execution of the company’s pipeline programs and ensuring tight alignment with functional and corporate leadership, including support of portfolio analysis and prioritization. This person will also play a significant leadership role in establishing the Portfolio and Program Management capability, defining operating processes across the company, and will also have the opportunity to shape and influence the strategic direction of the company’s programs and portfolio.
- Partner closely with Program and Functional Team Lead(s) to develop and execute program strategy, identify core team goals, and ensure tight coordination and alignment across the program team
- Lead the development and coordinate execution of program workplans/timelines, integrated development plans, and program-level budget, tracking progress and driving toward milestones/goals, key events, identifying and mitigating risks and scenario planning, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain fully integrated program plans, incorporating activities, responsibilities, interdependencies, key resource requirements and critical path analysis that facilitate the delivery of tangible results against program and corporate goals.
- Drive coordination of cross-functional activities and promote effective communications (e.g., Team meetings, program updates); ensure clarity of role and responsibility across program team members to drive effective execution
- Ensure timely provision of program updates to support portfolio reviews and executive and Board of Director briefings
- Contribute to the development of portfolio-level analyses and reports, including prioritization and trade-off discussions
- Manage Program Team meetings, including leading discussions to drive to decision-making, agenda creation, and meeting minutes.
- Serve as a key point person for Program Team members, particularly on issue identification, resolution and escalation.
- Owner for key global program documents, e.g. global filing and launch plan, integrated development plan
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships across all programs in the portfolio
- 12+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, with direct experience working on or leading clinical and/or commercial stage program teams
- Degree in Engineering or Life Sciences required, advanced degree (PhD or MBA) preferred
- Strong knowledge of drug discovery, development and commercialization processes and strategies and awareness of the current regulatory environment
- Ability to energize others, comfortable with ambiguity, and passionate about accomplishing mission-driven goals
- Experience leading and managing high-performing, cross-functional teams with a demonstrated ability to work well in a collaborative, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to combine attention to detail with an understanding of broader strategic context
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex issues and solutions to senior management, Board of Directors, and other key stakeholders
- Competency in developing, implementing and delivering project plans, dashboards and risk mitigation and contingency plans to successful endpoints
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and influence others, negotiate during situational conflict, and establish the best forward path in the face of competing points of view.
- Fluency with standard computer software packages (MS Office Suite, MS Teams, MS Project) Experience in other project management tools or software applications a plus
- Life Sciences related educational background preferred
Degree in Engineering or Life Sciences required, advanced degree (PhD or MBA) preferred
An attractive compensation package commensurate with this management role will be provided
Cerevel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Apply for this job
© 2019 Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC.
CEREVEL and the CEREVEL logo are trademarks of Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC. All Rights Reserved.