Corporate Development and Strategy Lead
Corporate Development and Strategy Lead
The Corporate Development and Strategy Lead role will be responsible for bringing a combination of business development, drug development, and market assessment and analysis experience to help inform and lead corporate and program development efforts. This critical and highly visible role will develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape across one or multiple therapeutic areas and engage externally to source, prioritize, and drive effective diligence on potential partnership/in-licensing/acquisition opportunities. This person will also play a significant leadership role in shaping early commercial product development efforts as a member of product development teams, influencing the strategic direction of the company’s programs and portfolio.
- Lead business development efforts within one or multiple therapeutic areas core to Cerevel’s strategy, including maintaining awareness of the competitive landscape and identifying strategic opportunities and threats for Cerevel to address
- Drive new opportunity identification and prioritization through preliminary scientific and commercial diligence efforts
- Lead and support deal transaction efforts, including coordination of diligence and contract negotiations
- Work effectively with legal, finance and scientific teams and make business development proposals to the executive team and/or Board of Directors
- Provide direct support to program teams and diligence efforts by leading early product concept development, MPP/TPP creation, market analysis and commercial opportunity assessments
- Design and lead market analysis efforts through both primary and secondary research, including development of preliminary product profiles, characterizing treatment paradigm, determining pricing and access potential, assessing geographic opportunity, and understanding patient / physician segmentation
- Contribute to the development of portfolio-level analyses and reports, including prioritization and trade-off discussions
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships across program teams and with key internal stakeholders in R&D, Finance, and Legal
- 12+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, with direct experience in business development, corporate strategy, and/or new product planning
- Strong knowledge of drug discovery, development and commercialization processes and strategies and awareness of the current regulatory environment
- Ability to energize others, comfortable with ambiguity, and passionate about accomplishing mission-driven goals
- Experience leading and managing high-performing, cross-functional teams with a demonstrated ability to work well in a collaborative, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical, data-modeling, and problem-solving skills; ability to integrate multiple data sets (qualitative and quantitative) and combine attention to detail with an understanding of broader strategic context
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex issues and solutions to senior management, Board of Directors, and other key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and influence others, negotiate during situational conflict, and establish the best forward path in the face of competing points of view.
- Fluency with standard computer software packages (MS Office Suite, MS Teams, MS Project)
- Advanced analytical / data modeling / coding skills
- Degree in Engineering or Life Sciences required
- Advanced degree (PhD or MBA) preferred
Cerevel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Apply for this job
© 2019 Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC.
CEREVEL and the CEREVEL logo are trademarks of Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC. All Rights Reserved.