Cerevel Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company formed by Bain Capital and Pfizer that relentlessly finds paths through complexity to bring real progress and new treatment options to people living with neurological and neuropsychiatric disorders.
Our portfolio of pre-commercial neuroscience assets targets a broad range of central nervous system (CNS) disorders including Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, epilepsy, schizophrenia and addiction.
Headquartered in the Greater Boston area, we are bold thinkers, deep experts, resilient pathfinders, and transparent partners who push the boundaries of scientific understanding to unlock breakthrough CNS therapies that have real impact on people’s lives.
Cerevel aspires to develop and nurture a culture characterized by respect, trust, curiosity, compassion with a relentless focus on mission and results. Our patient- centricity guides our purpose, how we treat each other and what we work on every day. The successful candidate will bring his/her own unique thinking and approach to Cerevel while sharing our core values and convictions.
An exciting opportunity to partner with the VP, Total Rewards & HR Operations to create a comprehensive and unique benefits strategy that will meaningfully support the business and the people of Cerevel with a high level of perceived value. This position will be a hands-on position requiring strong operational and vendor management skills, as well as the ability to proactively identify gaps and propose solutions.
- Plan and lead annual Open Enrollment for all US employees including system administration, employee communication, and training
- Plan and lead the day-to-day operations of all benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, HSA, STD, LTD, Life & AD&D, 401(k) and any other new programs that are designed
- Maintain and identify new opportunities to partner with external vendors to efficiently deliver benefits as well as to work with existing partners to receive information from carriers and external brokers for claim and utilization data, enrollment information and negotiation of renewals
- Monitor and manage the effectiveness of existing employee benefits plans and programs, guidelines and procedures
- Maintain a current understanding of the constant changing internal/external landscape that impacts benefits in order to recommend new and/or improved employee benefit plans and increased ROI tactics
- Research and stay up to date on benefit trends, practices and report findings to key stakeholders
- Deliver benefits training to new hires during their onboarding process
- Develop integrated communications plan to best showcase benefits offerings in a way that meets employees where they are
- Resolves employee inquiries by interpreting benefit policies and procedures
- Stay up to date and maintain plan compliance with regulatory filings and updates, notices, ACA mandates & reporting, plan audits, non-discrimination testing, Medicare, HIPAA, etc.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in employee benefits with direct responsibility for health and welfare and defined contribution plans in an outsourced environment
- Must be able to conceptualize problems and solutions from the view of various stakeholders
- Demonstrated project management and process improvement skills from initial research/planning stage to implementation for on-time delivery
- High sense of urgency, attention to detail and accuracy
- Deep knowledge of state and federal laws/regulations regarding employment and employee benefits
- Strong analytical, quantitative, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, interact, and collaborate across all levels of the organization and with external parties
- Strong vendor management skills and ability to adapt/operate in an ambiguous setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to include the ability to create and deliver written and verbal presentations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems
- Not required, but having a combined set of experiences in a start up environment as well as an established organization is highly valued
- HR operations experience is a plus
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry if preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
Cerevel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
© 2019 Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC.
CEREVEL and the CEREVEL logo are trademarks of Cerevel Therapeutics, LLC. All Rights Reserved.